People can acquire "Barnacles," too. Their influence is strikingly similar to their oceanic namesakes. They vary in the degree of influence they can have on people's lives and on the lives of people around them. But they can actually slow or stop a person's development and hinder his or her ability to reach personal goals or make self-desired contributions.
Here's a short list of destructive "Barnacles" I've observed:
- Drug Abuse (including Nicotine) Addiction or Illegal Drug use
- Alcohol Abuse and/or Addiction
- Chronic Gambling/Gaming
- Sexual Abuse and/or Sex Addiction
- Chronic Anger and/or Rage
- Addictive Behavior around Spending Money
Until next time. Be Smart. Have fun.